Bush Camp Accommodation - we offer:
one premium eco-chalet,
two self-catering, en-suite rondavels,
three en-suite bush-tents,
as well as camping facilities.
Whilst the rondavels offer more comfort and your own kitchenette, the advantage of staying in the tents is that you hear every lion roar and hyena call! You will not need an alarm clock, as the birds will wake you at dawn!
If you arrive here in the bush expecting some kind of 5-star luxury hotel you will be sorely disappointed. We do not have deep-pile carpets, triple-fluff duvets, lock-up parking for the Lamborghini, olympic-size swimming pool with tennis courts, a'la carte evening dining, a full bar, room service, etc. Those may exist at some of the top lodges nearby, but then prepare yourself for R8000 to R12000 or more per person per night.
Amanzimlotzi is a different reality and is the genuine bushveld experience. Our camp is very homely and vastly improved since 2006, but our facilities do remain quite basic - which is 99% of the charm of "getting away".
Price list (late 2018):
- • Eco chalet: en-suite, self catering: R700 for two plus R100 for third person.
- • Rondavels: en suite, self catering: R600 for two plus R100 for third person.
- • Queen bush tent, en-suite: R450 for two.
- • Two bedroom bush tent, en-suite, self-catering: R600 for two, plus R75pp for up to two more (children).
- • Three bedroom bush tent, en-suite, self-catering: R500 for two, plus R100 for third person.
- • Three bedroom, 6-bed family tent at the river, en-suite, self catering: R175pp, minimum 2 people or dorm-style.
- • Coming soon (under construction) - worker's accomodation (dorm-style).
- • NB - the above come with bedding and towels included.
- • Dormitory beds (if available): R175pp.
- • Camping in your own tent: R90pp.
- • Breakfast (Continental): R45pp.
- • Boerefest: R70pp.
- • Supper/Dinner- Potluck R60pp, or 3 Course Meal R120pp.
For more detail about our accommodation options please look at:Please Note that meals are not included as we want to keep our prices down for those who like to self-cater on holiday. We can supply meals at a modest extra cost (see above). Directions to Amanzimlotzi and information about our famous Bush Cuisine (the aforementioned meals) can be found on our main information page.
NB - please ensure that you read our overall booking and tour Terms & Conditions.
Our new luxury eco-chalet - nice and private.
One of the two rondavels - affordable luxury.
One of the bush-tents - these are a popular choice.
The camping ground as seen from the pool.