We offer various tours, walks and hikes. We are ideally situated for
easy access to the major tourist attractions in our
local area. On many of our walks and
excursions you can get very close to the animals...
Kruger Park Adventures & Accommodation
All trips start from our bush camp in the private Timbavati region
of the greater Kruger Park. Transport is in the form of our Mercedes
Vito minibus, Big 5 drives are in the 4x4 game viewer vehicle.
Registered guide MP0256.
Here is a list of our old tours, most are still available as add-ons. Just ask...
- • The Blyde river canyon .. 6hrs, 130km
Probably the most beautiful sights in the country.
- • The Great Escarpment .. 3hrs, 30km
Stand 1.2km high & look down over the Lowveld.
- • Pilgrims Rest .. 2.5hrs, 30km
See the old (1872) gold rush museum town.
- • Kruger Park 2 day, 1 night, 500+ km .. see below.
- • Kruger Park day-trips. 200km in 14hrs .. see below.
- • 5 Night, 5 day Kruger, Timbavati, Blyde Canyon adventure tour .. see below.
- 10 Day Golden Adventure tour .. see below.
- • We can custom-make just about any tour!
Here are our current tours that we offer:
- • Kruger Day trip (excl. DCF) ... R900pp
05.15am to 7:00pm, 14 hours and 200+km, breakfast incl. Stop at shop for lunch at your own cost. 4-8 persons in Mercedes Vito bus with accommodation the night before in our camp (extra) - see our accommodation options.
- • Two days one night Kruger Trip (excl. DCF) ... R2200pp
Sleep one night in Kruger chalets in real beds, 5 meals included, covers 500km, 4-8 persons in Mercedes Vito bus (private rooms and en-suite are available but expensive optional extras).
- • BEST VALUE 5 Day 5 Night Adventure
Blyde Canyon, Timbavati and Kruger Park (excl DCF) ... R7500pp
One full day at the Blyde river canyon. Two days of adventures, game walks, Big 5 drive, see, touch and interact with many wild animals, hikes & jumping down waterfall in Timbavati. Two full days in Kruger Park. Meals in bushcamps and one night's accommodation in Lower Sabie or Skukuza camps (if available). All famous meals.
- • One day in a (real) African village
(see whether you will survive as an African) ... R450pp
Fetch water and firewood, collect edible leaves, unpip a corn cob, mill maize meal, make fire and cook for the kids, dress up in traditional gear, get dancing and drumming.
- • 10 Day Golden Package
From Johannesburg airport to Durban airport ... R9000pp
Fun & Adventure tour visiting the best selected attractions along the popular tourist route from Johannesburg to Durban via Swaziland and Kwazulu. You get 16 years experience in one tour. You get to know South Africa and will feel equipped to drive yourselves from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town along the Garden Route with confidence.
Costs and ways to get here
NB - please ensure that you read our overall booking and tour Terms & Conditions.
- • Car rental .. about R600 per day plus petrol (R18/liter). Varies by car size, rental company, seasonal demand. You may return the car at Hoedspruit at a one way fee. (4 to 6 persons)
- • Daily transfer by a Johannesburg tour company. R700pp (They will pick you up at certain hostels)
- • 5 Buses per week both ways from Johannesburg or Pretoria by Translux or City to City bus. R390pp.
- • Daily Worker's bus to Acornhoek, City to City from Johannesburg and Pretoria. R300pp. (No booking, first come first served)
- • Pickup from Acornhoek .. 200 per bus (7 persons); Eastgate airport & Hoedspruit .. R490 per bus or R350 per car.
Regarding the Kruger, please read this information.
The Kruger Park's DCF ("Daily Car Fee" which we
call their "Daily Corruption Fee"):
• Gamecard membership holders "free".
• S.Africans R45pp(2014), now R83pp(2018).
• Foreigners R255pp(2014), now R330pp(2018) per day.
Please note, this is an 'access to the park' fee you must add on top of all the other costs. It is not something that we control.
All our tour prices are based on a minimum of 4 passengers! With less
people you will have to pay proportionally more. Sorry, that is the harsh
reality of simple economics and fixed costs.
We also require at least a 30% deposit to be paid up front, thank you.
Many of the attractions and tourist desinations are well within easy reach.